-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help w/setting up cable in computer/cox

  • From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:32:46 -0500

If you are not at the same physical location, you cannot do this as it
requires a separate cable modem and modifications to the cable filters
at the pole.  Also, you will not be able to access her account from a
different location, as the MAC address of your cable modem will be
different.

If you are attempting to use her account from a different location, this
is theft of service and carries heavy fines.

If you are within 100m, you can use Cat5 cable and a switch to share the
connection.

Tom