-=PCTechTalk=- Re: win xp and "ghost program"

  • From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:41:45 -0500

There have been problems with the Help files in XP for some time and
there is a known cause.  Maybe someone will remember it and post it.

Unless you've got money to burn, I'd fix the problem on the XP you have
rather than buying another version of the OS.

Also, with a system with recovery CD's, a good idea is to format and
load things clean, then clean up all the bundled crap software you don't
want, add the things you do want and THEN create an image of the drive
using Ghost or any of the other programs like it.  Now you have a
restorable image that is lean and mean, just like you want.  And with
Ghost, it will take considerably less time to do a restore than with the
recovery CD's.

Tom