-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transfering email to another computer

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:30:43 -0500

I know that you said you wanted them to be put back in OE  -
but, If you really don't care that they are in outlook
express, you can highlight them and drag them to a folder
outside of OE. You can put that folder somewhere on your
other computer and work with them that way. When you open
one, it will act as tho it is in OE. Try dragging one to
test to see if that will work for you. The only thing you
don't have, is the ability to see if a message has been
flagged, and ... a biggie, who it is from (until you open
it).

there are some programs out there that you can use to save
them - I don't know of any free ones though. I don't know if
you can merely copy the .dbx file into the other e-mail or
not. It seems to me that you can't do that - but I don't
know why I think that.

What about exporting the messages? I don't recall how you do
that tho. If you go to file/export, it doesn't give the
option to export to a folder on your hard drive. There is a
way to do it though. I don't know why-  I can never remember
how!!!

Cris