-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transfering email to another computer

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:31:41 -0500

Doing what you want to do, you will constantly be moving email from one
computer to the other as they become "old".  That could be a very tiresome
activity.

If both computers are in close proximity so you can set up a network, set up
one computer (the faster one  or the one with fastest access to the
internet) as a server and keep all email on it.  You could then access all
the mail from both computers and there would be no need to constantly move
email and contacts between computers.  I am not a network guru so you will
need someone else to help you set that up.  You might also have to switch to
Outlook instead of OE... I don't know if OE is network friendly.

If a network is out of the question, then find the message store folder on
each computer.  Delete the contents fo the message store folder on the
second computer.  Copy the contents of the folder from the one computer to
the message store folder on the other computer.  Then find the address book
and copy it.  Both machines will then have the identical OE email and
address books.

If you want identical configurations... message rules, blocked senders list,
account setups etc then you will need to do that manually or download an OE
backup utility to backup the one computer and then restore to the other.

Don

---
ATTN:  Yahoogroup owners, moderators and members... If you are unhappy with
the recent changes to the Yahoogroups webpages please post your constructive
criticism here: http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_alpha