-=PCTechTalk=- win xp and "ghost program"

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:04:22 -0500

Hi, is me again.

I am wanting to go out and buy win xp, rather than using my restore disk
that came with my computer.  I have a problem with "help" files that has
been an issue for two years now and am tired of it.  I restored twice in the
past two years and it did not fix the problem.  So, I think my only other
option is to buy the CD myself and try all over.  I'm assuming there is
something in my restore disk thats off, dont know what else it can be.

My question is if I use "Ghost" program wont it just copy the bad files that
are causing this or the lack of the good files and give me the same problems
later.  Should I just put my files on a disk or something and not "Ghost"
the entire computer.

Thanks for input
cristy