-=PCTechTalk=- Re: explosive expletive behaviour

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:22:29 -0400

The extended pleasures I had in mind had nothing to with hard drives.  :-))

What in the world would cause a hard drive to go bad like that?  I could
understand a partition becoming corrupted but not all 4.  Unless maybe the
boot manager was corrupted.  But couldn't that be repaired without wiping
the entire drive?

Outlook Express records all it's email/news rules in the registry (I didn't
know that for sure until last night).  I would have tried putting the drive
into a good machine (as a slave) and gone digging around trying to find all
those rules.

If a person uses a good quality back-up program such as Acronis True Image
and has it make incremental backups between full backups will the
incremental include any changes to the registry?  If so that would save some
typing.  I only have about 2 dozen rules but still hate recreating them
(which is why I went looking for them to begin with).  If I export the rules
key and put it somewhere safe then I should be able to delete the key on a
clean install and import the saved key.  Right?

A bouquet of roses and a bottle of wine (and a bottle of a "performance
enhancing drug") will fix the attitude problem with the "little lady".  :-))

Don