-=PCTechTalk=- Re: explosive expletive behaviour

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:43:06 -0400

It's kinda funny that you should suggest something that relates to extended
pleasures.

Not long after sending that last post/reply, my system blew up.  Well,
actually, my main hard drive reported a really strange malfunction, so I ran
a full bore CHKDSK on all 4 of that drive's partitions to see what was going
on.  It found a few minor things, but then refused to boot back in to my
main OS which was running on the D drive.  I rebuilt that OS from scratch,
including all of my primary apps, and was just about finished setting up my
email (with about 100 manually entered message rules) when it happened
again.  The only way to return the entire drive to normal turned out to be
wiping ALL of the partitions on it (low level format) and rebuilding each of
my OS's separately again.

It took a lot longer than the promised 4 hours, but the little lady here
wasn't feeling like smiling afterwards.  In fact, at one point, she told me
she was going to bed and that I should 'Have fun with that'.  Oh, the
humiliation.            ;0{

Peace,
Gman