-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GPS & C/Laptop

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:31:28 -0400

If you are making a long trip and using your laptop as a GPS unit you better
buy a power inverter that fits your cigarette lighter so you can keep your
laptop charged up.  Get one rated for at least 100 watts continuous.  I
suggest 200 watts continuous.

(A power inverter converts the 12VDC from the lighter into 120VAC)

Don