-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GPS & C/Laptop

  • From: "Matt Moceri" <matt.moceri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:58 -0400

Hi All,
Years ago I purchased a Garmin Vista hand held GPS for hiking.  It served my
purpose perfectly.  I had no intentions on using it for directions in a car.
Well that changed when I got a laptop.  Someone told me how he had Micro Maps
and Trips and it worked pretty good. So that's what I got.  It really doesn't
make much different but the GPS readings in M&T's were miles off from my Garmin
GPS.  Now which was correct?  My quest was to find out which was right so I
checked my Vista with other GPSs and it was the Garmin Vista that was right and
not the M&T's.

Went on line and purchased the Garmin North America software and installed it
on my laptop. By the way, this software does talk and she has a personality!
Soon after I bought the software, it was out dated and as long as you had
Garmin Software on your computer, you could download and install Garmin Route.
This is a great program and I like it very much.

I highly recommend  Garmin software with their Route software and a GPS device.
 I like my Garmin so much, I would recommend Garmin also.  Once it's paid for
up front, that's it.

Matt M

My computer is up again with a long story to tell, later!