-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Restore Point

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:03:00 -0800

Yes I manually set my own restore point and then I go back to
check to see if it got input.  But I don't rely on them because
of hard drive crashes.  I also do back up of the files I don't
want to loose.

My two 250 GB hard drives going out at the same time taught me
that.  Thank goodness I only lost a week of work.

But what I don't understand is why the restore points go away
when a system check point is done?

I don't have any utilities running that would to do this.

Judith

Hi Christine,
I like to set my own restore point
that way I know it is there.