-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Windows has blinds

  • From: "GuitarMan" <pctt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 02:09:08 -0500

Jo Ann,
    It's possible that your card's refresh rate it set too high.  Right
click on the Desktop and select Properties.  Click on the Settings tab and
then on the Advanced button.  Click on the Adapter tab (Monitor tab in
WinNT/2K/XP) and check the card's refresh rate.  If it's set higher than
60MHz., try lowering it one notch (don't jump all the way down to 60 unless
that's the next lower resolution shown), click OK repeatedly until you're
back at your Desktop and reboot.  If the refresh rate WAS set too high, you
should see that nasty effect significantly reduced (or eliminated
completely).  If you still see it as bad as it was, this was not the problem
and you can probably reset it back to where it was.  Of course, we'll then
have to look for another cause.        :O)

Peace,
GMan

PCTT Owner