-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer not functioning

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:09:51 -0400

Cristy,
    None of us know everything and while I might be perfectly comfortable
diving into the registry to fix something, I still occasionally do exactly
what you did to help Jan (research the issue to get info you don't already
know).  More than any other thing (including going to college for computer
design back in the early 80's), this is how I have come to know most of what
I actually know about computers and computing without needing to run
searches.  Even now, it's what makes it appear that I have all, or at least
most, of the answers.  Of course, the more I do it, the more I am able to
know without needing to research.

Translation:  You're doing a much, much better job at helping Jan than you
think.  Plus, you're also helping yourself get better at this stuff at the
same time.     :O)