-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Corruption is rife!

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:11:48 +1200

GMan!

Regrettably not, and thank you for your continuing concern.
 I started this on July 26, and then tried your proposal and then
1. Toshiba Recovery Disk - ALPS Pointing Device - Driver - Install - nothing
2. Toshiba Help and Support   Centre  -  Device Manager  -  Mice and
other Pointing Devices  -  ALPS  -  Troubleshoot
     - Driver - Driver Update - (connected to MS) - cannot find a better
driver than you have.
By this point e  v  e   r  y  t  h  i  n  g    w  a  s   s  o    s  l
o  w  that I was resigning myself to trashing the computer and
returning  to my faithful quill pen (I actually learned how to choose,
cut and use a quill pen when I first started work)

Meanwhile the acrobatics and ballet dances of my cursor continued (the
last one for ten minutes, and whilst I am not ballet minded, I think it
could have been Act 2, Scene 3 of "Wriggle Letter" or was that a Opera?)

Finally, Last night I discovered
3. Toshiba Console - Mouse Properties - Dual Pointing Device - Device
Select - Accupoint (a tiny knob in the middle of the keyboard covered in
80-grit glasspaper) - uncheck - Touchpad - Check - Apply.

AND THAT seems to have fixed it; I hold my breath.

Again, I do appreciate your concern (and perseverance)

Roger W.