-=PCTechTalk=- Connecting external hard drives

  • From: "R. M. B. White" <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pc techtalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:35:03 +1200

Now that my new 250G Seagate is getting full of copies of copies of
copies, I have just got a 500G Maxtor as well.

However they each (as well as my Brother MFC 260C Multi-function
printer/fax/copier) want to be connected to the BACK of my laptop, and
they regard  connection with the FRONT or via a USB hub as dangerous.

I have a fairly standard hub but understand from something I have read,
that it may need to be a POWERED hub to overcome this danger.

Would appreciate any helpful coments please (or even derogatory)

Roger W.