[pchelpers] Re: wtlib 2001

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tonia <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:23:00 -0500

Hi Tonia,

Friday, July 25, 2003, 9:52:03 AM, you wrote:

T> As you can see, this is for the CDR, CDRW or DVD autorun. All zeroes mean
it's disabled. Mine says the same too.

T> I think PC's solution sounds good and simple too. Why do I always do things
the hard way?  :^(

PC's solution was for auto-insert.  Yours was for auto-run.

Auto-insert tells the system to pay attention when someone removes or
inserts a CD.

Auto-run tells the system to check the root of the disc (this is done
when you double-click on the drive icon or when auto-insert
notification is triggered) to see if there's an AUTORUN.INF, and if
so, to execute it.

--Scott.