[pchelpers] Re: Overly-Aggressive Mouse

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jo Wells <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:19:40 -0500

Hi Jo,

Friday, July 25, 2003, 7:12:36 AM, you wrote:

JW> For sometime now my mouse clicks perform too many tasks.  For example:  If
JW> I delete an email - it will gobble 2 or 3 with ONE click......If I click

Tried a different mouse?

The "slow speed" merely sets the maximum time allowed between clicks,
not the minimum time.

If a different mouse doesn't help, run up Regedit and go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse, and play (CAREFULLY!) with the
settings there.  If you're not familiar with Regedit, you may want to
have someone else do it; a mistake with Regedit can make your system
unusable.

--Scott.