[pchelpers] Re: no format

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:18:43 +1200

It could be windows version of DOS is rejecting the extra syntax. You
mentioned a DOS box once or twice. The list of commands provided earlier
appear to be for standalone DOS such as MSDOS 6 or PCDOS. In Windows,
the number of DOS commands has been reduced and the number of options
per command increased. Therefore, either boot with a DOS disk to try
them or use
FORMAT /?
in the DOS box to get the correct parameters.

--

Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246