[pchelpers] Re: need program audio to written scripts

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dru Webber <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:18:09 -0500

Hi Dru,

I see that you intended this to be a private email, but I thought I'd
reply anyway. :)

DW> You're welcome, Jackie. I had heard of a voice recognition
DW> program over 6 years ago but can't remember its name. Maybe AOL.

6 years is ancient in the computer world.

DW> My Headmouse is on loan to me or I wouldn't be able to afford it.
DW> It's written for W95?and?with XP it isn't perfect so I use XP's
DW> onscreen keyboard for the imperfections. When I got a newer
DW> computer with?XP I had to have the little floppy disc w/program
DW> copied to a CD.

You should try XP's Windows 95 compatibility mode. If you're not
familiar with it, RIGHT-click on the application icon, select
Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. This works with
installers also. If you have Windows XP SP2 or newer, or Windows Vista
or Windows 7, you might need to disable UAC first.

--Scott.