[pchelpers] beep..... pause.... beep beep

  • From: Donald Bieber <the-picture-man@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:18:24 -0500

When I go to start a Compaq computer and get a
beep..... pause.... beep beep

What's it telling me?

The floppy is connected, I tried different DIMMs It has a SCSI drive, I
assume as the "C" drive, but whether I use it to try to start it or
disconnect it and use either one of the onboard IDE sockets, I get the
same beep.

At least that's the way it was with the IDE drive, I think maybe with the
SCSI drive it did nothing.

AND I've never got anything on the monitor, and yes, it's plugged in
:-), that "plugged in" part was a joke.

cu,
Don Bieber, The-Picture-Man

PS    Red meat is not bad for you.  Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.