[pchelpers] Re: beep..... pause.... beep beep

  • From: "Nigel" <npl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:07:04 +1300

Sounds like you need to get into the bios (setup on a compaq) and change the
boot order.  To do this, press F10 (or is it F1 - I don't remember - but it
is F2 on the Dell at work) when the cursor on the screen changes from an
underscore to a block, at the start of the boot process.

Then you should be able to tell it to boot from floppy first.  If it is an
old one, you may have to remove the scsi drive as it may just ignore
everything else if it finds a scsi controller.

Cheers
Nigel

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:27:07 -0500 "John Ford"
> <john.ford1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> I'm not exactly sure what I did but I attached another IDE HD to the
> other cable, plugged in the SCSI HD and stuff came on the screen, but I'm
> stuck at a logon screen for Windows 2000
>
> Any suggestions as to where on the motherboard the jumpers are to clear
> the password. Hitting the cntrl/alt/del does nothing, nor does just
> hitting cancel.
>
> I had a startup disk in the "A" drive and it skipped it and went right to
> the SCSI HD
>
> I've worked a lot with Win98, but as stupid as it will make me sound,
> I've never used Win2000 before, and I know that the fact that it's a
> Compaq makes it more difficult.
>
> Suggestions please?
>
> cu,
> Don Bieber, The-Picture-Man