[pchelpers] Help needed

  • From: " Billyus Eximius" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:03:17 +0100

Hello all, I just left a lady's home who is having problems with a teenage
child.  The lady wants to have some way of disabling the internet access
completely when out of the home, but leaving the PC able to run so her daughter
can do homework etc.
She has ADSL and AOL.  we tried just disconnecting the incoming cable but when
connected again, there is a right carry on with the AOL "fix it" program, not
difficult for me, but for the lady , an impossibility. besides, I don't like
all this uncoupling and recouping, it will eventually lead to product  or
component failure.

Her system is win xp pro, and I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of
this system yet

So the problem is, how to disable internet access but leave the PC
operational...............BTW, all in the house have their own accounts with
AOL and their own passwords, so it has to be complete internet shut down, is
this possible???

Billy

---