Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:09:24 -0600

Out of curiosity, with nightly FULL rman backups of a production database,
why would you recommend a value greater than 7 for keep time?

I had a hard time imagining a scenario where you'd have to go back 21 days
for a production recovery - I'm wondering if I'm missing some technical
aspect here...

Thanks,
Chris