Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

  • From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:25:02 -0500

There are some TSPITR limitations if you are NOT using a recovery catalog.
See the Backup and Recovery Users's Guide.
A catalog is also required in a Dataguard environment (see note 1362501.1).

Having said that, I don't use the recovery catalog for my test/dev
databases.  I adjust the control_file_record_keep_time to 30 days.

Jay