RE: How much RAM is to much

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:11:26 +0100

This explains why the forcedirectio mount option is required with NFS on
solaris.
But I always thought that setting the filesystemio_options parameter to
directIO or setall caused the processes to open the files with the O_DIRECT
flag. If so, would this then not cause the file to be accessed with directio
despite any setting on the filesystem?

I'm working mainly on linux these days (either with nfs or asm), so not much
chance in testing this.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime