Re: How much RAM is to much

  • From: przemolicc@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:00:32 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 04:05:22PM -0700, kyle Hailey wrote:
> What metrics tell you that filesystemio_options=directio "works even better
> then 'forcedirectio' option used on filesystem side." ?

No metrics.
When I use filesystemio_options=setall (not =directio !!!) and mount
this particular filesystem _without_ 'forcedirectio' option it gives me two
1. direct and asynchronous access to all files where rdbms prefers such access
(the most important)
2. cacheable access to all other files (some files are accessed faster when
they are "behind" cache)

> On Solaris, I didn't notice any difference between
> filesystemio_options=directio and using forcedirectio on the mount. If
> either one of them was set my performance was similar.

We don't use filesystemio_options=directio, only filesystemio_options=setall.

Regards
Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)
--
http://przemol.blogspot.com/

Ksiazka kucharska za darmo! Prawie setka
przepisow na jajka! Pobierz > http://linkint.pl/f2995