Re: How much RAM is to much

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:18:28 -0600

I generally use the rule of thumb for Linux/unix of oracle can have up to
80% of the RAM on the system on a dedicated server. However, make sure
everything on the OS is configured per the installation instructions for
oracle before you start dedicating all those resources to oracle.

--
Andrew W. Kerber