Re: Do you ask the question: How do I work with Oracle Support....?

  • From: Li Li <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:37:41 -0500

I tried not to join the conversation as I am one of you guys out there
that has been frustrated by oracle support most of the time, but I
have to echo this:

most of the better services I received from oracle support are from
Australia. They all seem to be knowledgeable and respond promptly and
willing to call back. Being in a everybody-does-everything shop, my
major focus is on oracle, but I also get to do Redhat, EMC, Cisco etc.
My experience with Redhat support is similar to oracle, I get much
better service from Australia. That made me think: what's wrong with
US-based support? Only thing I can think of is that maybe all us-based
analysts are over-worked?