[optimal] Re: The other side of the gripe from Denice Barsness

  • From: Anton Drew <anton.drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:53:26 +1030

THAT, Denice is the crux of the problem here, I work in a government hospital

where THEY DON'T value your expertise and skills.

ALL of our docs INCLUDING the Director are private Consultants who just come
in once a week or fortnight for a 3 hour session and then they're gone.

They treat the staff as though they were their own private practice staff.

HOW can a unit be run by a Director who is only there for one 3 hour session every 2 weeks AND during the busiest Retinal Clinic when their is no time to grab him to discuss udgrading equipment/software, or talk about staffing issues,
workload etc..

It is like speaking to a brickwall. They just don't get it !!!

Just don't want to "play their game anymore".

Anton

On 28/03/2012, at 2:34 AM, CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center wrote:

Having the good fortune of working in a great institution that actually values our work, we in turn can reflect those feelings of good will onto our patients. They are truly the lucky ones to be the benefit of all of this great technology.

My two cents.
D.