Re: reading books

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 06:10:04 -0600

Rethought that date and it may have been 1980 or 1982.

Nick

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 05:03:04 -0600, W. Nick Dotson wrote:

 There was a way to recover them.  My VB Classic still works no bad cells and I
got it in 1978.

 Nick
 On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:46:01 -0800 (PST), Steve wrote:

  Nick,

  That reminded me of a time when my boss, who liked to
  screw around, turned the power switch on my VB classic
  off in the middle of a meeting where I was supposed to
  take notes.  I just calmly said, "Gerry, I hope you
  have been writing down our points of understanding,
  because you just lost the whole file".

  For those who didn't know, the VB Classic wrote a
  table of contents at the beginning of the cassette so
  each file could be navigated to by the tape transport.

  Steve
  Lansing, Mi