Re: reading books

  • From: Hasbarah <hasbarah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:10:04 +0100

Hello Mary and all,
Yes, this issue of spelling is a really serious one. Even here in
Italy, where it sould be much easier to spell words correctly
(Italian doesn't have so many strange spelling possibilities as
English has) people seem to be less and less accurate. Not only
spelling is an issue, but grammar as well. There are more and more
people with degrees, masters, and so on and so forth, both among the
blind and sighted, but the ability to write seems to have become an optional...
English spelling is very complicated, and if I hadn't had my Optacon
I wouldn't have been able to  master it (more or less...).
Ciao,
Ollie