Re: reading books

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:50:31 -0700

Well my Aunt had written a book of poetry in the very early seventies, and
her editor was a former teacher of hers named Mr. Wobenitz. Well one
Saturday afternoon my Dad and Mom were watching Wide World of Sports (way
before cable) and I came into the sunroom and said "I didn't know that Mr.
Wobbenitz spelled his name the way he does." My Mother was reading and she
said simply "yes!" Well Dad turned and said "I honestly didn't think you
could really read with that thing until you talked about Mr. Wobbenitz!
I hope I brought that book with me as it is still extremely special.