[opendtv] Re: source programme quality

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:17:46 -0400

Cliff Benham wrote:

>> Yes, but Philips makes it very clear that the DVDR3575H/37
>> is purely an SD recorder. There's no pretense of it being
>> HD. The component outputs can be set to 480i or 480p.
>
> Yes Bert, I'm very well aware that the DVD portion of the
> box is ONLY an SD recorder, but I was talking about the STB
> portion of the unit that IS HD.

'Fraid not, Cliff. I thought that was the misunderstanding. You won't
find a single HDTV logo on this machine, but you will see the SDTV logo.
The HDMI 720 or 1080i options are upconversions. The receiver only
outputs SDTV.

Even the newest version,

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dvdr3576h_37/dvdr3576h_37_pss_aen.pdf

only incorporates an SDTV "tuner."