[opendtv] Re: source programme quality

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:20:21 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Cliff Benham wrote:

Only 480p comes out of the component outputs of my Philips
DVDR3575H/37 HD STB, and the de-interlacer is terrible,
much worse than the de-interlacer in my 7 year old TV set.

Yes, but Philips makes it very clear that the DVDR3575H/37 is purely an
SD recorder. There's no pretense of it being HD. The component outputs
can be set to 480i or 480p.

Yes Bert, I'm very well aware that the DVD portion of the box is ONLY an SD recorder, but I was talking about the STB portion of the unit that IS HD. That is what this discussion is about, not DVD recorders.

I even stated above 'HD STB'.