[opendtv] Re: source programme quality

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:30:47 -0400

Barry Wilkins wrote:
Why is it then that in the US where this HDCP system was devised, you can get the HD through component but here we cannot? And Singapore gets HD through component and maybe even Australia? Any clues?

Only 480p comes out of the component outputs of my Philips DVDR3575H/37 HD STB, and the de-interlacer is terrible, much worse than the de-interlacer in my 7 year old TV set.

Further, using an HDMI converter, I can watch in 1080i, but the black levels are incorrect with no 'knob' to set it properly.