[opendtv] Re: Why Europe should choose 720P for HDTV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:06:34 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> It is true that 1024x576 RGB could look very good but
> we might as well go the whole way once we can afford
> the bits.

EXACTLY!

Whether it's recorded material on DVD or broadcast
material, why fiddle around with lower quality
compromises if you have the room available to provide
the true high quality images?

The only reason to go for the lower quality is if you
need room on the media (disk or RF channel) for other
stuff. If not, why obsess?