[opendtv] Re: Why Europe should choose 720P for HDTV

  • From: Terry Harvey <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:29:52 -0700

Tom,

I agree with what you say below. But following the context of John
Watkinson's excellent paper, what if we divorce ourselves from considering
spatial "image capture - transmission - display" as one? In the dismissive
argument made against Fox's 'upconverted' 480p, it seems the issue of
oversampling at the point of image capture has been ignored.

Have there been any practical demonstrations of what Watkinson has considered?

Terry Harvey