[opendtv] Re: Why Europe should choose 720P for HDTV

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:35:50 -0000

The filters were designed before pixellated displays were common. There was
always the assumption that the image would have the "defocusing" effect of
the crt spot. I believe that this is why compression artefacts look worse on
pixellated displays, they have no post-filter. A simple layer of light
diffuser would fix it. The big JVC projectors effectively do that, and the
pictures look better.