[opendtv] USDTV demos at NAB

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:20:04 -0400

Did anyone get to see an actual demo of USDTV at NAB.

They had suites at the Hilton and Bellagio. I went to the Hilton
suite where they had a receiver and a small outdoor antenna on a
tripod pointing out a window. But it was not operating; they told me
they would set up a demo for me the next day, but never called me
back.

One interesting note: the room on the hospitality list in the lobby
was not being used. That room had windows facing NE, which I believe
is a direct view to the Black Mountain antenna farm. They set up in
an adjacent room that had a view to the SE. I don't think this room
had a direct view to the Black Mountain antenna farm.

As a point of reference, it looks like there are two antenna farms in
the McCullough mountain range. The main farm is lower, just above the
pass that you drive through to get to Boulder City. There area few
towers to the south at a higher elevation. Which area is the Black
Mountain antenna farm?