[opendtv] Re: USDTV demos at NAB

  • From: "Dewey Weaver" <dweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:38:41 -0400

John - I have loved possibilities of PSIP since day one.  No matter how much
better the technology becomes, the main challenge is going to be motivating
station engineers, who have remained mostly indifferent, to properly
implement and maintain PSIP. (those who care know who they are).  I don't
think that any of the products that leverage PSIP for EPG data reliably work
for all channels in a given market anywhere in the USA.  Changing this is
going to take years, a lot of work and some type of motivation beyond "good
doggie".

Regards,
Dewey