[opendtv] Re: Transition report

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 00:04:32 -0400

Cliff Benham wrote:

> In the meantime I'm watching the picture perfect
> ABC Network from Baltimore's WMAR CH 2 but missing
> out on local news and weather information from
> WPVI. How ironic!

Me too. We shoud donate money to Balt ABC2 for being so helpful.

Update:

I called WJLA (ABC7), and she said, "Oh, you have to wait and scan again."

"Oh? Your mean you guys didn't come on instantly in digital, as Ch 9 did?"

"No, she said, we did come back instantly, but people report having to scan
maybe 10 times before they pick up Ch 7."

Well, obviously that makes no sense, but it seems clear that the Ch 7 signal is
not good, if what she said was true.

Back home tonight, I did scan again, and now ABC7 sort of comes in. Ch 9, also
VHF, is just as solid as it was at noon. And Ch 7 pixellates its little heart
out.

But, you know, I don't have too much to complain about. What if they asked me
what antenna I was using and where it was installed? Uhh, it's mainly a UHF
antenna, a couple feet off the ground, in the fireplace? How much sympathy
would I get?