[opendtv] Re: Transition report

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:45:23 -0400

If the entire viewing world were made up of Berts, then I suppose there would be a premium in delivering 19.39 Mbps to every viewer's home instead of 9 or 12 Mbps.

But judging by the number of viewer calls we've been getting from people who used to be able to receive our NTSC signal but cannot receive our ATSC signal, they value one receivable SD program over an unperceivable HD program and three unperceivable SD programs.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

EXACTLY, John. In fact, why should I care if they offer image quality that's as fuzzy as analog TV really was, mono low-fi sound like in the 1960s, and no more than 6 channels per market?

Hey, the important thing to me must be the "business model" of the broadcaster. I should be happy to subscribe to cable and I should ask the cable company to raise their fees, so they can afford to pay more for retran consent. What else could possibly matter to moi?