[opendtv] Re: Sinclair should be proud...

  • From: Eric Rehm <erehm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:35:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John Willkie writes...

> Gee, just what docket item would you file the comments in? =20

Docket 04-233 is the FCC Localism Task Force.

=C2=93I created the Localism Task Force to evaluate how broadcasters are se=
rving their local communities. Broadcasters must serve the public interest,=
 and the Commission has consistently interpreted this to require broadcast =
licensees to air programming that is responsive to the interests and needs =
of their communities.=C2=94

- Chairman Michael K. Powell=20

http://www.fcc.gov/localism/

>I also note that this is the first posting to this list from Eric Rehm. =
=20
> He is obviously a stooge.

No.  I was on ATSC T3-S17 (DASE) circa 1998, helped Sony get its DTV PSIP c=
ode right in their first ATSC receivers (1999), and I have been a reasonabl=
y prolific contributor to metadata standards in MPEG (MPEG-7), trying to ha=
rmonize things with SMPTE MXF metadata.   I've been a Member of Technical S=
taff for Equator Technologies and Thomson (nee Thomson multimedia).  I even=
 went to one of the early NAB OpenDTV dinners as Dermot railed on against 8=
-VSB.    We might have sat next to each other at that dinner, who knows?  I=
n any case, try Google with "Eric Rehm MPEG-7" if you think I need a litmus=
 test.

It seems our country's President has passed on his skills to at least one o=
ther U.S. citizen: shoot from the hip when you have no or incorrect informa=
tion, discredit others who threaten you, ...

/eric rehm