[opendtv] Re: Obama Asks Congress to Delay DTV Transition

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:12:59 -0500

I strongly supported Obama due to my disgust with many actions of the Bush administration.

But Obama certainly is not getting off to a very good start on some issues that I care about. Delaying the transition is a very bad idea right now.

And two of the people he is appointing to the justice department are a couple of my least favorite IP monopoly lawyers that prosecuted the carpet bombing of mp3 download lawsuits and defended the Mickey Mouse interminable copyright extension before the Supreme Court. It looks like Obama is going to go with Biden's position on these types of issues.

So I guess the honeymoon is already over for me. <sigh>

- Tom

John Willkie wrote:
Elections have consequences, but I thought that we only had one president at
a time.  Delaying the inevitable will do about nothing to get people to buy
converter boxes.  I always thought the idea of doing the transition in the
middle of a Nielsen sweep would be interesting.

John Willkie, who notes that anything that Ed Markey supports is by
experience, very foolish.

_____