[opendtv] Re: Obama Asks Congress to Delay DTV Transition

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:26:55 -0800

And, it's a cold winter, due to "the global warming."  However, aren't roofs
slippery when in the middle of summer, one is atop them and sweating?
(There are always excuses, and the campaign was in full swing before winter
set in.)  That said, I don't want anybody to fall off a roof.

By the way, the word from the FCC is that "nightlight" operations on
low-band VHFs will be the easiest to grant.

If they are sensible and want to minimize winter issues -- and the choice of
Leon Panetta as CIA chief shows otherwise -- they will simply provide
stations that want the ability to continue analog to do so for three months.

As bert said, perhaps uniquely insightful for him, moving back deadlines
just means that people will move back dealing with something.  Nothing gets
people off the stick like missing something they are accustomed to.

I'm wondering if this action is akin to the Clintonian "don't ask/don't
tell" or "HillaryCare" fiascos of 16 years ago.

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<http://www.broadcastingcable.com/contents/pdf/CU_DTV%20Letter%20to%20House%