[opendtv] News: The death of Cable TV

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:37:53 -0700

A long time circulating, but this one sums it up rather well:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/24/internet-tv-and-the-death-of-cable-tv-really/

Also, pretty timely since I just cut the cord at our house -
everything we now watch comes from either Boxee, Hulu Plus, and
Netflix.
Not paying someone to provide me with crappy service (Directv),
hardware and channel selection, is fantastic.
It would be nice to have working OTA, but at this juncture I don't care.
Incidentally, the discussion I had with the Directv reps was very
interesting. They just don't get it. I think they are just as doomed
as the cable cos.

Cheers
Kon