[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: "Ralph P. Manfredo" <rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:38:32 -0800

I recently purchased two 1080P TVs, one a 37 inch Sharp Aquos and the other
a 65 inch Mitsubishi.  I upgraded my DirecTV to HD and purchased two DirecTV
HR20s.  My HR20 have an OTA input, which I am not using, the installers
direct connected my OTA to my TV.  Some of my stations come in fine, while
others - approx. 50 miles away - require fussing more with my rotor than I
did with the old ATSC signals.  My biggest complaint with the HR20 is the
system looses lip sync about once a day.  I called DirecTV and they
suggested I reset the receiver.  I believe they have a design problem
similar to what Stellar had before my company helped them fix it back in
1996.  All in all, I am pleased with DirecTV's programming.  I recommend
both TV set as the video quality, features and overall operation is
outstanding.  My wife and I could not be happier.

Ralph

Ralph P. Manfredo
President and CEO

BroadBand Networks Corporation