[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:43:49 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Pent Up demand?
>
> Bert and friends rushing out to try/buy the new boxes?

Not me. I've no need for a stripped-down SD box. However, just as was
the case with the $89 Accurians, people seem unable to pass up a
"freebie."

This is great news for OTA TV, though, because it makes people try it
out. If the new boxes are as good as the new Philips PVR I got, I think
maybe this will help increase awareness of the OTA option.