[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:03:04 -0800

On Jan 3, 2008 7:25 PM, Stephen W. Long <longsw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My Accurian does not work at my house, 8VSB does not work at my house -
> can't watch a ball game without glitches right at the biggest plays.  I
> don't even bother any more - I have DirecTV with HDTV.
>
> I ordered my coupon - just one, so I can experience what the public has to
> experience with trying to buy and make the things work.
>
> ATSC is still crap, has always been crap, will always remain crap.

It really is. I just pulled down my off-air antenna 2 days ago and
threw it in the trash. I can't be bothered to reposition it whenever I
want PBS or CBS from Mt.Wilson. The new Directv HR21 (lets not get
started on that UI/featureset) has no off-air inputs, so... too bad.
Over the past 3 years I have watched every single one of my neighbors
who are mostly in the 30-70 age range switch from off-air to either
Dish, Cox, or DirecTV.

I for one am not prepared to pay a dime for the converter box, and I
am positive it will cost more than a flat coupon of $40. And I wonder
if the retailers are prepared for the onslaught of complaints?

Cheers
Kon