[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:27:00 -0500

Stephen W. Long wrote:
My Accurian does not work at my house, 8VSB does not work at my house -
can't watch a ball game without glitches right at the biggest plays.  I
don't even bother any more - I have DirecTV with HDTV.

I ordered my coupon - just one, so I can experience what the public has to
experience with trying to buy and make the things work.

ATSC is still crap, has always been crap, will always remain crap.

I gave away my Accurian to a friend who lives within 9 miles of the Philly Transmitters. Even with a rooftop antenna he can only get "bits" of frozen video and bursts of sound with it.