[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:56:37 -0500

Barry Brown wrote:
It amazes me that there are areas having so many reception problems with ATSC and at the same time I'm using an antenna in my attic with the transmitters 35 miles away and now have very few problems with reception on all local DT channels. Perhaps your friend is too close to the transmitters and needs to reduce the signal level to his set.

That's the challenge that broadcasters face - every viewer is a different situation. Even side-by-side homes with have different issues as a result of different antennas, slitters, amplifiers, receivers, etc.

It's the 1950's all over again, except this time the consumers would rather pay to have Cable or Satellite work than jump through all the hoops to receive fewer HDTV channels for free.

Don Moore
Greensboro